The Town of Westlock Operations Department has an opportunity for an energetic individual for our dynamic team. The individual will have excellent technical skills and be a self-motivated team member.
The team member will assist in the operation, repair and maintenance of the Town’s water treatment facility, water distribution, wastewater collection and wastewater treatment system.
Qualifications required are Grade 12 or equivalency. Completion of a Water, Wastewater Technician program. Minimum Level 1 – Water Distribution, Water treatment, Sanitary Waste Collection and Sanitary Waste Treatment. Valid Class 5, Alberta Operators License.
This position reports to the Director of Operations or designate. Hours of employment are 0730 to 1630 hours, Monday to Friday. As per CUPE Local 3047 Collective Agreement, probation job rate Utility Technician I is $31.01 per hour.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Level 1 Certification - Operation and maintenance of a water treatment facility, water distribution system, wastewater collection and wastewater treatment system.
- Perform routine maintenance on operations equipment.
- Perform the necessary laboratory duties.
- Collect and analyze water samples.
- Complete and maintain the necessary logs and reports.
- Have effective communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Experience in a municipal setting.
- Experience with SCADA systems.
- Experience and training in safety programs.
The Town of Westlock offers a comprehensive benefit package. Drivers abstract and Criminal records check will be required at interview.
This competition will be open until a suitable candidate is found.
The Town of Westlock thanks all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Interested applicants are invited to submit a letter of interest accompanied by a detailed resume of experience and training to:
Town of Westlock
Westlock, AB T7P 2K3
Attention: D. Hamilton, Operations Department
Phone: (780) 349-3740 Fax: (780) 349-8299