The Town of Athabasca is situated along the banks of the beautiful Athabasca River. The Town has a population of 2965 people. Among other amenities, our community offers an affordable lifestyle and first class recreational opportunities including a championship golf course, ski trails, camping, fishing, and hunting, as well as access to educational opportunities with the Athabasca University. We are looking for an energetic individual that will add to our dynamic Utility team.
The Town of Athabasca is seeking to fill a full time, permanent Utility Operator I. Reporting to the Utility Supervisor, the successful candidate will assist with the daily operation and maintenance of the municipality’s water/wastewater systems. Regular hours of work are eight (8) hours per day Monday to Friday commencing at 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. with the requirement to be on a rotational call out schedule as required.
- Possess a high school diploma or equivalency.
- Hold a Class 5 driver’s license with a clean abstract.
- Demonstrate an ability to work independently with minimum supervision and in a team environment.
- Demonstrate an ability for being self-motivated, organized, safety conscious, possess mechanical aptitude and good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Be physically fit and able to work in all environmental conditions.
- A current Alberta Environment Level I Certification for Water Distribution, Waste Water Collection and Waste Water Treatment is preferable but not necessarily a requirement. Consideration may be given for those who possess a Certificate in Small Systems.
The salary range for this position is $44,220 - $58,260 annually with a competitive benefit package.
Interested applicants are invited to submit a letter of interest accompanied by a detailed resume of relevant experience and training, along with a criminal record check and driver’s abstract to:
Town of Athabasca
4705 – 49 Avenue
Athabasca AB T9S 1B7
Phone: 780-675-2063 Fax: 780-675-4242
Review of applications will begin immediately and the position will be filled when a suitable candidate is found.