The City of Spruce Grove is a fast growing, dynamic city committed to building and maintaining a fiscally responsible community that serves our residents, attracts visitors and promotes future growth. Through the actions of the Shared Principles, innovation is encouraged; communication and learning are continuous in this team environment while maintaining a positive work and family life balance.
We are looking for an intermediate to senior C# developer who has experience with ASP.NET. The position has a large focus on creating and maintaining Web applications using ASP.NET MVC, AngularJS, and Bootstrap. The position includes training opportunities to learn and grow your skills. We ensure that our developers have current hardware and access to the tools they need in order to do their jobs effectively. We are looking for someone who has the creativity and breadth of experience to see the potential when it comes to integrating systems.
Working with a small and highly integrated team you will focus on departmental and enterprise application development, web site development, database administration, and software application integration. We are located only 10 minutes west of Edmonton, and are close to a number of amenities.
Reporting to the Projects Supervisor, the successful candidate will:
- Architect, develop, and maintain City departmental, enterprise, and web-based software applications.
- Interact with the business in a meaningful way to gather requirements, testing feedback, and bug reports.
- Install, configure, upgrade, and support MS SQL database servers.
- Develop integrations with 3rd party systems.
To be successful in this role, you will demonstrate the following skills:
- Demonstrate frequent rational decision making that involves establishing goals, seeking information to understand the situation and the alternative solutions.
- Effective planning and organizational skills to produce measurable results.
- Build relationships with stakeholders in all levels of the organization.
The successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 6+ years’ software development experience with a focus on .NET technology
- 6+ years’ experience with Transact-SQL and SQL Server.
- Experience with ASP.NET MVC, AngularJS, Bootstrap, jQuery is an asset.
- Experience with development against either Dynamics GP or Umbraco is an asset.
- Certification in project management techniques would be an asset.
- Certification in Microsoft Development (MCPD, MCSD, MCSE: Data Platform) is an asset.
Visit our website at www.sprucegrove.org for more information and to apply online.