The Senior Project Coordinator reports to the Senior Director of Corporate Planning and Governance and is responsible for planning and leading a variety of projects that strengthen customer service, increase operational efficiency, and support effective governance. The incumbent works under the direction of each project sponsor to create a project charter and detailed work plan, oversee the acquisition of resources, manage the scope, budget and work plan activities, track and resolve issues and provide a monthly progress report.
The incumbent coordinates the process for the quarterly progress reports to the CEO and Board of Directors on the status of the strategic initiatives in the annual operational plan. As well, the Senior Project Coordinator develops or assists in the development of business cases, coordinates the compilation and delivery of client and other external surveys.
Full Time, Permanent
$77,057 - $101,524 - Program Services 5
Education and Skills
- Undergraduate university degree in Business or Public Administration.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Designation is an asset.
- 5 years of direct work experience in project and change management.
- Experience with business research, analytics and surveys is an asset.
- Experience in business process reengineering is highly desirable.
Skills and Attributes
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills for consulting with project sponsors and project teams on requirements, negotiating and building consensus on solutions, facilitating meetings and the resolution of issues and managing change resulting from the project.
- Strong project management skills for planning, organizing, leading and reporting on projects.
- Ability to formulate budgets, prepare contracts and track costs.
- Well-developed research abilities to gather business analytics and design and manage surveys.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills for working with staff at all levels of the organization to present information, manage discussions, provide training and create project documents.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to analyze and apply good judgement to respond to issues and opportunities and the need for continuous improvement.
- Highly organized team player with the ability to work on multiple projects and timelines.
- Ability to be resourceful and take initiative through a positive and “get it done” attitude that is responsive to changing priorities and circumstances.
- Create project charters that specify the objectives, deliverables, budget and detailed work plans.
- Create project teams and coordinate processes to secure any required external resources, ensuring that all project team members are well versed in their roles and responsibilities.
- Lead the identification of project requirements.
- Prepare implementation plans and coordinate related change management including business process reengineering, staff training, client and third party notification etc.
- Apply planning, coordination, facilitation and risk management to manage the scope of projects and ensure they are delivered on time and within budget.
- Track and resolve questions, issues and other challenges that arise during the projects.
- Create and manage project documentation and communication including the provision of monthly reports to the project sponsor and project team.
- Prepare contracts and manage the performance of external resources, report any concerns to the project sponsor as the signatory of the contract and review invoices and recommend payment to the project sponsor.
- Conduct post implementation project reviews to identify opportunities for improvement and outstanding matters that need to be resolved.
- Maintain an inventory of external surveys and work with survey sponsors to create/refresh methodology, field survey and report results.
- Coordinate the process for the quarterly report of business plan initiatives to the CEO and Boards.
- Prepare detailed reports, briefing notes and requests for decisions for various matters that are supported by the planning and governance team.
- Cover-off as Senior Director in her absence.
- Perform other duties as required.
For interested candiates please submit resume and cover letter to AMcCollum@auma.ca.