The Town of High Level requires a responsible & motivated individual for the position of Lifeguard/Instructor, commencing immediately. This position is 40 hrs/wk OR 20hrs/wk with a comprehensive benefit package after 3 months.
Reporting directly to the Aquatic Centre Supervisor, the Lifeguard/Instructor’s main responsibility is to ensure the safety of the public. This position will be responsible for lifeguarding facility programs, instructing facility swimming lessons, and performing day to day janitorial duties. The successful candidate must have excellent communication and public relation skills.
The minimum level of education required to perform these duties are:
- Completion of Grade 12 Diploma
- Minimum of 18 years of age
- Current NLS and WSI award
- Current Standard First Aid and/or AEC
- Preference will be given to LSI and Pool Ops 1 certified candidates or willingness to obtain
The minimum experience required to perform these duties are;
- Minimum of 1 year previous lifeguard/instructor experience;
- Clear Child Welfare & Criminal Records check (to be supplied by the applicant).
- flexible work schedule (40hrs/wk flexible schedule)
- available for evening and weekends
Salary will be commensurate to experience and training ranging from $19.85/hour to $24.24/hour. Job descriptions are available from the Town Office 780-821-4000.
Please forward a cover letter and detailed resume to:
Town of High Level
Attention: Brooke Stahl Payroll@highlevel.ca
10511-103 street High Level, AB T0H 1Z0
The Town of High Level prides itself as an enjoyable team-orientated workplace devoted to public service. This position will be filled as soon as a suitable applicant is selected. All applicants are thanked for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All resumes, and personal information provided therein, will be handled in accordance with the Province of Alberta Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy (FOIPP) legislation. The personal information that you provide to the Town of High Level is being collected solely for the purpose of applying for employment.