The Town of Nanton is currently seeking a qualified individual to join Team Nanton as Operations Manager, leading the Town in the provision of water and wastewater services, roads and streets, sidewalks, parks, waste management and other similar areas for the residents and guests of Nanton. Reporting to the Chief Administrative Officer, the successful applicant will provide leadership, oversight and support on all operational matters, and will be instrumental in the development and execution of operational plans in Nanton.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Directing and coordinating all levels and aspects of operations.
- Ensuring a high standard of effectiveness and efficiency in operational activities
- Preparing and managing budgets and asset management plans
- Providing leadership and expertise in the development of operational plans, policies, and procedures
- Engaging with the senior management team for collaboration, policy development and implementation of operational and strategic plans.
Qualifications and Experience
- Diploma or certificate in Public Works Management/Administration, or a combination of related education and experience
- A minimum of 3 years of directly related experience, preferably within a municipal setting
- Level 2 certification in all 4 Water/Wastewater disciplines, or a minimum of five (5) years direct equivalent operational knowledge and experience in water and wastewater treatment, distribution, and collection
- Demonstrated commitment to delivering exceptional public service
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license with air endorsement
A competitive salary is offered in addition to a comprehensive benefit package.
Qualified individuals may apply by forwarding a resume and cover letter in confidence by 4:00pm on Friday October 20, 2017:
Attention: Kevin Miller CAO
RE: Operations Manager
PO Box 609
Nanton, Alberta T0L 1R0
For additional information, along with a full job description, please see www.nanton.ca/jobs. We regret that only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.