The Town of Strathmore is a vibrant and progressive community of 13,000 people, located on the Trans-Canada Highway 40 km. East of Calgary. We are looking for a Manager of Operations to provide tactical and strategic leadership within the Infrastructure and Development Department. The Operations Manager will report to the Director of Infrastructure and Development, and is a key leadership position in the delivery of operations services to the Town.
The successful candidate will bring both leadership experience as well as the ability to optimize operations effectiveness through strategic understanding of municipal operations, delivering desired services levels.
Main Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Provide overall leadership to the Operation Department.
- Plan, organize and oversee the strategic activities in Operations.
- Able to prioritize tasks to ensure timely and accurate completion.
- Prepare 5 year budget and capital recommendations for annual review.
- Promote and ensure workplace safety.
- Ensure the Town assets are maintained to desired service levels, these assets include but not limited to roads, open spaces, fleet and built assets.
- Exceptional oral and written communication with proficient computer knowledge of Microsoft applications.
- Post-secondary education in engineering, public administration, management or related field.
- A minimum of five years of progressive leadership experience is required, preferably in the public sector or development industry.
- Knowledge of the operation of heavy machinery, winter operations, parks and green spaces.
About the Benefits: In exchange for your hard work and dedication, you will be compensated with a competitive annual salary and comprehensive benefits package.
Town of Strathmore
680 Westchester Road
Strathmore, AB T1P 1J1
Phone: (403) 934-3133 Fax: (403) 934 -4713