With a population of 32,097, Parkland County offers a range of municipal services and a vibrant mix of agricultural, residential, industrial and recreational opportunities. This unique rural area is situated on the west outskirts of Edmonton, just 20 minutes from downtown, and stretching over 2438 sq. km. of picturesque landscapes. We are currently inviting applications for a:
MANAGER, ROAD MAINTENANCE SERVICES
Parkland County has a Permanent, Full-time position available within the Public Works Department for a Manager, Road Maintenance Services. Reporting to the Director, Public Works Department, the Manager, Road Maintenance Services is responsible for the overall operation of Road Maintenance Services within Parkland County. Responsibilities include directing and supervising staff, coordinating work with other service areas, preparing and monitoring budgets and the general administrative duties associated with supervising the operations. This position requires the ability to communicate and maintain effective, courteous and tactful service relationships with internal contacts and external customers.
- Completion of a post-secondary education program in Civil Engineering or equivalent.
- A Certified Engineering Technologist (CET) designation, the ability to obtain this designation or certification with ASET would be considered an asset. Supervisory or management courses would also be considered an asset.
- A minimum of five (5) years’ related experience managing municipal operations with unionized staff. Experience with year round road maintenance and road construction including direct supervision of staff, budget planning, program cost controls and financial management. Experience with direct customer service delivery and resolving public concerns. Experience with strategic planning is an asset.
- Experience with computers and applications such as Excel, Word, and Outlook. Training in or experience with the use of Asset Management programs is an asset.
- Knowledge of Maintenance Management Systems and Global Positioning Systems, as well as in depth knowledge of road maintenance procedures and good working knowledge of heavy equipment operation.
- The ability to balance the use of available resources with the needs and wants of both external and internal customers while accomplishing assigned objectives.
- Possession of a valid Alberta driver’s license and satisfactory driving record.
Interested candidates are invited to apply on our website at www.parklandcounty.com