The Mackenzie Municipal Services Agency (MMSA) is offering an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated professional planner as we continue to grow within the region. The MMSA provides municipal, regional and subdivision planning services to twelve (rural and urban) municipalities in northwestern Alberta.
The incumbent will serve in leadership capacity on the MMSA team and will be afforded an array of community planning, development and supervisory responsibilities. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinating the design, implementation and management of varying planning projects;
- Providing regional, municipal and subdivision planning advice;
- Engagement with community organizations, presentations to elected officials
- Undertaking special projects such as park design, concept plans, redevelopment work
- Providing day-to-day advice to municipal councils and staff;
- Undertaking planning research on specialized initiatives and proposed bylaw amendments;
- Assist in strategic planning and development of agency’s role within the region.
This position will also serve to provide ongoing guidance, review and direction to junior/intermediate planning staff and work in close cooperation with our GIS department. The position will benefit an individual seeking to work in both rural and urban environments, as well as those looking for exposure in leading and directing current and long range planning initiatives.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Masters Planning degree from a recognized planning institution
- Canadian Institute of Planners membership is preferred
- Minimum of 7 to 10 years progressive planning experience
- Strong management and supervisory skills
- Strong time management, organizational and inter-personal skills
- Knowledge and proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite and familiarity with mapping and GIS based programs
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s Licence
TERMS AND BENEFITS
This is a full time position which includes an excellent benefits package and competitive salary.
Please submit a detailed resume and cover letter to Karen.email@example.com or by mailing to:
Karen Diebert, Manager
Mackenzie Municipal Services Agency
P.O. Box 450
BERWYN, ALBERTA T0H 0E0
This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.