The Town of Beaverlodge is seeking a positive, self-motivated individual to be part of our team. Reporting to the Chief Administrative Officer, the Legislative and Communications Assistant will be responsible for providing a wide range of professional administrative duties under deadlines that require a high level of accuracy, confidentiality, discretion and self-direction. This position requires well-developed interpersonal, communication, research and writing skills.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Preparation and Coordination of Council and Committee Meetings including preparation of agendas, recording minutes, arranging facilities, coordinating delegations and maintaining a record of action items.
- Preparation of correspondence, reports, memoranda, including internal and external communications.
- Maintenance of databases for council resolutions, policies, bylaws and other records.
- Coordinating web site and social media updates and overall functionality.
- Provide information to the public on general matters.
- Undertake other tasks and responsibilities as required within the scope of this position.
Education: Certificate or Diploma in Office Administration, Communications, Community Development or a related discipline is required.
Preferred Qualifications: Minimum of three years’ experience in municipal government with a strong understanding of parliamentary procedure or an equivalent combination of training and experience. Familiarity with the Municipal Government Act and other legislation related to municipalities. Proficiency with Microsoft Office and experience with Adobe Creative Cloud, Photoshop and other software. Ability to work some evenings for Council or Committee meetings. Criminal record and vulnerable sector checks required.
About the Benefits: In exchange for your hard work and dedication, you will be compensated with a competitive salary as well as an extensive range of benefits. This position is 35 hours per week.
Please e-mail resume, quoting Legislative and Communications Assistant in the subject line.