This position plans, coordinates, and supervises the activities of the garbage, storm sewer, and waste collection, and is the contact for operations of the water treatment plant. In consultation with the Public Works Planning & Project Manager, this position supervises the staff responsible for the operation and maintenance of the water & sewer systems. This position will also develop and implement sound initiatives for short term service delivery, oversee the activities of staff and contracted services, undertake small capital projects, update and develop policies and procedures and make recommendations to the Director of Infrastructure Services.
Terms of Employment:This is a permanent full-time position working a 35-hour work week, managed on flexibility based on workload.
Start Date: As soon as suitable candidate is located
Wage: $84,433 - $101,727
Relationships: This position reports to the Director of Infrastructure Services.
- Water Distribution Level II required, Level III preferred
- Waste Water Collection Level I
- C.E.T. background, preferred
- Water Treatment Level I, preferred
- Proven supervisory/leadership experience (at least 3 years, preferably in a unionized and municipal environment),
- A minimum of 3 years of related experience in utilities maintenance or equipment/fleet services, preferably in a municipal environment.
- Superior interpersonal skills.
- Solid planning/organizing/problem solving skills.
- Valid Class 5 Drivers License
- Must have ability to deal directly with the public in a courteous and efficient manner.
- Be proficient and knowledgeable on sections of “Occupational Health and Safety” that apply to municipal utilities
- Working knowledge of computers, preferably with Microsoft Office suite.
Closing Date: This posting will remain open until a successful candidate is hired.
Submit Applications/and or resume to:
Elaine Fiander, Human Resources Assistant
Town of Hinton, 131 Civic Centre Road, 2nd Floor
Hinton, AB T7V 2E5