This position is part of the Town’s Executive group and is responsible for the coordination of all Human Resource (HR) functions including; labour relations, recruitment, payroll and benefits, health and safety, policy development, planning, systems and support. The primary work is with Town managers, supervisors and employees to advance a progressive, consistent and accountable work environment in accordance with the Town of Hinton vision, values and policies.
Terms of Employment: This is a permanent full-time position working a 35-hour work week.
Start Date: As soon as suitable candidate is located
Relationships: This position reports to the Director of Corporate Services.
- Diploma or University Degree in Human Resources and Labour Relations or equivalent related experience.
- Five years general human resources work experience in a unionized environment.
- Working knowledge of human resource management, policy and organizational development.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proven interpersonal skills, including problem solving and facilitation.
- Able to think strategically while managing details.
- Experience in a municipal environment desirable.
- Experience in collective bargaining desirable.
Closing Date: This posting will remain open until a successful candidate is hired.
Submit Applications/and or resume to:
Elaine Fiander, Human Resources Assistant
Town of Hinton
131 Civic Centre Road, 2nd Floor
Hinton, AB T7V 2E5