The City of Spruce Grove is a fast growing, dynamic city committed to building and maintaining a fiscally responsible community that serves our residents, attracts visitors and promotes future growth. Through the actions of the Values We Live By, accountability, communication, leadership, integrity and respect are encouraged, while maintaining a work, play balance.
This position is provides technical support for all City Geographical Information System (GIS) end users. This includes all mapping applications, spatial analysis, and map production; as well as provides support for assigned projects and development of City GIS to extend Geo-spatial services. The incumbent works with City staff to identify new technology and improvements to the City's GIS system. .This position reports to the Corporate GIS Supervisor.
- Assist and participate in data conversion, systems integration, system development and implementation.
- Assist and participate in spatial analysis, create information products (Maps, graphs, and data) using GIS and related software and subsystems.
- Compile geographic data using a variety of sources including Ortho photography, hard copy maps, census, and field data collection.
- Provide support for cartographic design and high quality map production.
Geospatial Data Maintenance:
- Use GIS concepts, principles and methods to analyze systems and data.
- Research Geospatial technology to help develop methods to benefit the decision making process that will result in the quality of life for city residents.
- Retrieve stored information for review when required by stakeholders.
- Help plan and participate in collaborative projects to reduce cost and increase efficiency.
Data Integration and Management
- Understand and develop migration and transformation methodologies.
- Take part in data conversion and migration.
- Capture, load and update corporate data within ArcSDE Geodatabase environment
- Perform quality control procedures to maintain quality and accuracy
- Prepare documentation for applications, programs and system functionality.
- Maintain up to date documentation for city GIS infrastructure.
- Update metadata for the city data model.
- Help build process mapping and workflow documentation for GIS activities and general business analysis.
- Maintain close working relationships with internal and external contacts.
- Manage basic projects adhering to agreed project management methodologies.
- Two (2) or Three (3) year Advanced Diploma in Geographic Information Systems, Remote Sensing, and Geomatics.
- Three (3) to five (5) years related experience.
- GIS Professional Certification an asset
- Project Management Certification an asset
Visit our website at www.sprucegrove.org for more information and to apply online.