Nestled in the foothills of the Rocky Mountains, Sundre has a compelling history and a promising future. We take pride in being a sustainable community with a population of 2,700+ residents that swells to over 10,000 in the summer. Experience a love for nature, safe neighbourhoods, and a place where you can make a difference.
The Finance Manager is a key leadership position in Corporate Services for the Town of Sundre. Under the Director of Finance and Administration, the Manager of Finance shall be responsible for the day to day operations of Corporate Services including development of policies, staffing, financial and grant management. The position works closely with the Director of Finance and Administration and other managers to provide financial and grant support.
This position has the potential to lead to a senior leadership position due to the future retirement of the Director of Finance and Administration.
The Ideal Candidate:
You will leverage strong leadership skills to coach and motivate staff; you will build relationships with customers/residents as well as internal and external stakeholder groups. As the part of the Management Team, you must demonstrate an understanding of municipal operations while providing financial information. The successful candidate will enjoy small town living in a community that offers a selection of amenities and ample opportunity to live a healthy active lifestyle.
Education and Experience:
- Holds a CPA designation or is actively pursuing the CPA accounting designation
- A National Advanced Certificate in Local Authority Administration (NACLAA) would be considered an asset
- Three to five years of directly related experience in progressively more responsible positions
Skills and Abilities:
- Effective leadership, team building, and supervisory skills, with a commitment for continuous improvement
- Ability to effectively plan, direct, coach and mentor staff
- Knowledge of federal, provincial, and municipal grant programs
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills with attention to detail and accuracy
- High degree of personal initiative, integrity, professionalism and political sensitivity
This full-time permanent position (35 hours per week) commences as soon as possible. Wage commensurate with experience and qualifications. The Town of Sundre offers a comprehensive benefits package and participation in the LAPP pension plan. Please view a complete job description on our website at www.sundre.com/jobs.
If this opportunity is of interest to you, please submit your resumé and a covering letter by 12:00 p.m. on Thursday, October 19, 2017. Resumés and cover letters submitted by email shoud be in .pdf format.
PO Box 420
717 Main Avenue West
Sundre, AB. T0M 1X0
Fax. (403) 638-2100
We thank all applicants in advance, but only those applicants chosen for interviews will be contacted. Note: This positng may remain open until a suitable candidate is found.