Qualifications and Skills
▪ Post-secondary education in a relevant field (e.g. event planning) or a combination of education and experience that meets to needs of the roles and responsibilities listed above.
▪ Demonstrated ability to plan and organize workshops and/or other events.
▪ Excellent written and oral communication skills, organizational and planning skills.
▪ Must have access to a reliable vehicle.
▪ High proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Adobe Acrobat is essential.
▪ Familiarity with CVent is an asset.
▪ Personable and able to build and maintain professional relationships.
▪ Able to work in a team environment including keeping others appropriately informed.
▪ Expects the highest quality performance from self.
▪ Able to work with minimal supervision, self-motivated and self-directed.
▪ Experience working with municipalities is an asset.
▪ As full compensation for all services provided, the contractor shall be paid at a standard rate of $40/hour, regardless of when they incur it (i.e. no over-time can be incurred).
▪ Hours of work will be 40 hours/week and any hours worked over the 40 hours will need to be approved prior to by the Project Manager.
▪ All travel expenses incurred will be reimbursed as per relevant policies.
▪ Work from home/remotely.
▪ As necessary meetings in Nisku, AB, approximately 1-2/month.
▪ Attendance at workshops in locations across Alberta (exact locations TBD).
▪ This is a five-month contract position (February 1, 2018 to June 30, 2018).
▪ Frequent travel required. A valid class 5 driver’s licence and access to a vehicle required.
▪ You will need to provide proof of appropriate vehicle insurance for business use.
▪ Evening and weekend work may be required during workshops (May-June).
▪ This position will not have set work hours, but the successful applicant will be required to provide a certain level of responsiveness to the project, which will be determined with the successful applicant.
▪ Weekly conference calls will be scheduled with the project managers to provide updates on work progress and provide support as needed.