Located in the heart of rural Alberta, and 50 minutes east of Edmonton just off the Yellowhead Highway (Highway 16), you’ll find the Town of Vegreville (www.vegreville.com). With a population of just over 5,800 residents, and a trade area population exceeding 41,000, the Town enjoys progressive growth, innovative development, and supports a diverse economy.
Reporting to the Chief Administrative Officer, you are highly visible and responsible for marketing the business and economic development interests within the community. You will liaise and work closely with the Vegreville Economic Development & Tourism Advisory Board and various Town departments. You provide guidance and support to the business community to establish, relocate and/or expand business within the Town and surrounding area.
The successful candidate will possess the following, or an acceptable combination:
- College or University degree in Commerce, Economics or in a related field.
- Professional Economic Developer (Ec.D.) designation.
- Previous experience in the Economic Development, Marketing and/or Public Relation disciplines. A preference will be given for relevant experience within local government.
- Highly developed public relations, interpersonal and written communication skills, coupled with exceptional negotiation skills.
- Proven ability to provide strong leadership and direction, while effectively working with Boards, Committees, elected officials, personnel, and the general public.
- A thorough understanding of the financial and budgeting process.
- Ability to deal effectively with high pressure and challenging situations.
A competitive compensation package will be provided to the successful candidate. This includes a competitive base salary, a comprehensive benefits package, and LAPP. Details will be discussed in further conversations.