Directs the overall planning, coordination, implementation and control of all activities and business affairs of the Environmental Services Department while ensuring compliance with all applicable federal and/or provincial legislation, County by-laws, policies and procedures. Provides analysis and recommendations to Council and CAO on best practices and policy decisions. Develop practical yet innovative solutions to operational issues for the Environmental Services Department. This position reports directly to the CAO.
- Minimum of three years at a senior management level with supervisory experience.
- Experience with budget development and financial management.
- Registration with APEGGA or other related provincial organizations is an asset.
- Degree in Civil Engineering, with a Professional Engineering designation or Certified Engineering Technologist designation, or an equivalent combination or education, training and experience.
- Experience with contract development, review and management.
- Thorough understanding of municipal water/wastewater operating requirements and licensing as established by Alberta Environment.
- Active licensed Water and Wastewater Operator with the Province of Alberta would be an asset.
- Working knowledge of Alberta Water Act, Municipal Government Act, OH&S, and other relevent legislation.
- Excellent communication and conflict resolution skills are essential in this role as well as experience working with elected officials.
- Computer knowledge (Microsoft, Excel and Outlook).
- Must supply criminal records check and satisfactory class 5 driver's license abstract.
- Ability to ensure all work related information is kept confidential in accordance with Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the position and not a complete job description of all responsibilities and activities required for this position. Saddle Hills County offers a competitive salary and excellent group benefits.
All applicants please submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Saddle Hills County would like to thank all those interested in the position. Only those considered for an interview will be contacted.