The County of Vermilion River is seeking a highly motivated person to join our team as Director of Corporate Services. Key qualifications include a degree in Accounting or Management field (CPA or CGA
designation; Degree in Public Administration, Commerce etc), along with 5 years experience preferably in a municipal organization. An equivalent of experience will be considered. The Director will manage Information Systems & Technology, Finance, Taxation, and Payroll, under the direction of the CAO. Experience in municipal legislation and public sector accounting are essential. Must have excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational and time management skills. Excellent leadership, supervisory and management skills are necessary.
Key components of the position include:
- Information Systems & Technology: oversee computer, network and data systems, GIS system, software and hardware for all departments, records management system.
- Finance: Adhere to Statutory duties and requirements as set out in the Municipal Government Act, oversee the financial management of the municipality, including but not limited to Taxation; Management oversight of the annual audit and yearly financial statements; Provide long and short-term financial advice, forecasting, and analytical services to the CAO; Ensure compliance to Policy and budgets; Risk Management and Insurance Systems.
- Payroll: Management of Payroll Services
- Taxation: Oversee the Municipal Taxation system, including but not limited to bylaws, mill rates, and assessment processes.
- Staff Management: Provide leadership and supervision to office staff
A competitive salary and comprehensive municipal benefits package is available. The successful candidate will be required to provide a criminal record check and drivers abstract.
Applications clearly marked: “CONFIDENTIAL – Director of Corporate Services” to be submitted to:
Attention: Kathy Jeffrey, Human Resources Manager
County of Vermilion River
4912 – 50 Avenue, Box 69
Kitscoty, AB T0B 2P0
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.