The Town of St. Paul requires a Director of Corporate Services who will be directly responsible for the financial success of Town of St. Paul, the administration of its operations and strategic financial planning. He or she will provide financial leadership, manage budgets, oversee accounting functions, conduct forecast analysis, and monitor corporate credit. The incumbent must ensure compliance with all applicable legislation. This individual will also be responsible for playing a key role in long and short term strategic decision making, and overseeing the administration department.
Preference will be given to applicants with:
- A Bachelor Degree in Finance or Business Administration with a major in Accounting
- An accounting designation (CGA, CMA, CA) is a considerable asset.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience at a senior management level in the financial accounting and reporting field of a municipality or government organization.
- Minimum 3 years of supervisory experience.
- Experience leading an administrative support team, including managing resources, developing training and development plans, managing performance, mentoring, coaching and holding people accountable.
- Experience with computerized finance systems such as Bellamy would be an asset.
- Successful experience dealing with financial reporting, budgets, internal controls, business planning and asset management.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Ensures accurate financial reports, budgets, forecasts are provided in a timely manner.
- Strong advocate of financial process and procedure.
- Ensures appropriate and effective financial control systems are in place to safeguard the Town’s financial and physical assets.
- Records and monitors investments.
- Demonstrates attention to detail and performing work with accuracy.
- Ability to reference, interpret and apply legislation/regulations/terms and conditions/policies and procedures to determine an appropriate course of action.
- Knowledge of Information Technology systems and controls, developing and implementing policies and strategies for the Town.
- Knowledge of Human Resources activities which include general understanding of labour standards, compensation, administration policies, conflict resolution and employee relations.
- Knowledge of Records Management operational responsibilities, strategies, and policies for maintaining and utilizing information.
- Strong mentoring and coaching experience to the team.
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal and presentation skills and the ability to effectively interface with senior management, volunteer board, committees and employee relations.
- A high level of integrity, confidentiality and accountability.
- Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
We offer a competitive salary and benefit/pension package in a challenging work environment.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit an application package, consisting of a cover letter, resume and supervisory references (via email) to: email@example.com by 4:00 p.m. on June 23, 2017.
The Town of St. Paul thanks all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted for further information.