The Town of Whitecourt is your local government at work. Council and staff function on behalf of the community to enhance the quality of life for all residents, with a commitment to the well-being of our community.
Reporting to the Chief Administrative Officer, and as an integral part of our senior management team, this position will:
- Preform duties of the Assistant CAO.
- Works as part of the Town’s senior administrative team and participates in overall Town planning, operations, and budgeting.
- Manage and coordinate complex initiatives and special projects.
- Develop a yearly budget for areas under the direct supervision of the position and make budgeted expenditures as required.
- Responsible for the operations of the Whitecourt Fire Department, Bylaw/Peace Officer Program, and Community Emergency Management Program.
- Ensure the Employee Safety Program continues to be developed, refined, or enhanced to meet the safety requirements of employees.
- Act as the Town liaison with RCMP.
The strategic leadership of the director is vital to the development and coordination of community safety for our rapidly growing municipality. The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Formal academic qualifications (degree or diploma) in the fields of Local Government Administration or Business Administration.
- CLGM an asset.
- Certificates in regard to Emergency Management and Municipal Safety are an asset.
- A minimum of five years related past experience in a senior municipal government setting.
- The ability to communicate both verbally and in written form; with strong presentation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and managerial skills in dealing with staff and the public.
- Proven leadership and strategic planning ability with demonstrated understanding and effectiveness in managing and optimizing a professional team.
The Town of Whitecourt offers competitive compensation packages to successful applicants.
Interested individuals are invited to forward their resumes in confidence to the address listed below prior to 12:00 Noon, Friday, October 20, 2017.
Attn: HR/Payroll Clerk
Re: Job # 17-031
Box 509, 5004-52 Ave.
Whitecourt, AB T7S 1N6
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.