The Deputy Fire Chief is one of two full time positions on the Lacombe Fire Department. Lacombe Fire provides a wide range of services in a response area that includes both urban and rural. Within the fire district we have world scale industrial complexes, intensive livestock operations and a section of the busiest primary highway in Alberta. We are a department that is proud of our past accomplishments but one that seeks continuous improvement in the future delivery of services to our customers.
This position adds value to the department by providing expertise in incident management as well as support in developing and maintaining the skills and abilities of all our personnel. The Deputy Chief shares in the usual administrative and other important day to day support functions of the department.
The ideal incumbent would be a learning leader, highly motivated, innovative and confident. He or she would be technically competent and have a wide range of experiences in incident management and training. The ability to contribute independently and within a team is essential.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Extraordinary interpersonal skills
- Sound judgment, tact, diplomacy and the ability to lead and manage change.
- Ability to function effectively and efficiently during potentially stressful situations.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks on a routine basis.
- Possesses extensive knowledge of Municipal Government Act, OH&S regulations, Alberta Fire Code, Alberta Building Code, National Fire Protection Association and other emergency services related requirements.
- Possesses proven experience as an officer/firefighter with extensive knowledge of methods and strategies in all aspects of emergency management.
- A proficient user of fire related and office software such as FirePro/FDM, and Microsoft Office.
IDEALLY THE CANDIDATE WILL HAVE THE FOLLOWING QUALIFICATIONS
NFPA 1001, Level 2 (IFSAC or PROBOARD), 1002 (including Aerial but not Airport elements), 1041 Level 2
Alberta Class 3 with Q (air brake) endorsement drivers license
ICS 100, 200, 300
Considerable achievement or progress towards a certificate, diploma, or degree in emergency management.
Salary Range: $70,356 - $87,945 per annum (based on 37.50 hour work week)
How to Apply:
Interested candidates please submit a resume quoting Competition 2017-23 to:
Human Resources 5432 – 56 Avenue, Lacombe, AB T4L 1E9
This competition will remain open until filled. Resume review will commence October 5, 2017.