The Town of Innisfail is currently accepting applications for a full-time Community Peace Officer. Reporting to the Manager of Fire and Protective Services, you will assist in investigation and enforcement of various provincial statutes plus regulatory municipal bylaws of the Town of Innisfail. The position requires the ability to work directly with the RCMP, all town departments, community groups and citizens.
- Strong organization and time management;
- Possess strong working knowledge of computers and current software application;
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written skills;
- Ability to work independent as well as a team;
- Enforcement of animal control bylaws.
- Diploma/certificate in a law enforcement related field and/or minimum of 3 years related experience;
- Meets Community Peace Officer Level 1 appointment requirements. These requirements are online and can be found under Section 5 of the Alberta Peace Officer Regulation AR312/2006;
- Must be able to obtain (and retain) a RCMP issued Enhanced Reliability Security Clearance;
- Knowledge of municipal bylaws and provincials acts and legislation;
- A valid Class 5 Alberta Driver’s license;
- Standard First Aid/CPR;
- Excellent communication, teamwork, problem solving and conflict resolution skills are essential.
NOTE: Preference will be given to those applicants who have experience working with various Alberta Provincial Statutes, Municipal Bylaws and other job specific training and experience such as radar/laser.
If you are looking for a challenging opportunity please submit your cover letter and resume by 12:00 pm on Friday, June 23, 2017 to:
Manager of Fire and Protective Services