As Alberta’s fastest growing municipality, the City of Chestermere has rapidly evolved from a charming summer village into a dynamic lakeside community for almost 20,000 residents. The beautiful lake, excellent schools, safe communities, pleasant neighbourhoods, growing opportunities, and a 18 hole golf course all contribute to the ambiance of a family friendly oasis. By demonstrating Collaboration, Humour/Fun, Integrity, Professionalism and Accountability, employees at the City of Chestermere use their strengths and unique abilities to contribute to the vision of Chestermere becoming Alberta’s Oasis.
The City is currently seeking a fulltime (37.5 hours per week) Community Peace Officer to join our Team (we are seeking a CPO 1 but consideration will be given to CPO 2 eligible for CPO 1 Appointment).
As a member of the Community Peace Officer Program team, this position provides operational expertise in the enforcement of Provincial Statutes and Municipal Bylaws.
This includes, but is not limited to:
- Land Use Bylaw and Development Agreement enforcement and reporting (CPO 1 and 2)
- Bylaw enforcement and reporting (CPO 1)
- Public engagement (CPO 1 and 2)
- This position provides operational community peace officer expertise in the attainment of annual goals and initiatives within the broader framework of the City/Department’s annual and 3 year Strategic and Business Plans and associated legislation and regulations.
Consideration will be given to candidates who possess:
- Eligible for Community Peace Officer 1 Appointment
- Post-secondary education related to law enforcement from a recognized post-secondary institution and/or experience directly related to law enforcement in Canada
- Must possess a Class Five license with minimal demerits supported by a current driver’s abstract upon hiring
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR certificates upon hiring
- A clean criminal record background check provided by your local Police agency upon hiring
- Submit a certificate of Successful completion of approved fitness testing (PARE, COPAT, POPAT, A-PREP)
- Highly developed written, oral and interpersonal skills
- Experience in commercial vehicle enforcement would be an asset
- Emergency vehicle operations training would be an asset
- Lidar/radar qualifications would be an asset
- Experience with Report-Exec reporting system would be an asset
- Must be able to successfully complete an extensive RCMP Security Screening
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit their cover letter and resume referencing Community Peace Officer -Job Competition by 4:00pm Friday June 9th, 2017:
City of Chestermermere
105 Marina Road, Chestermere, AB T1X 1V7
Attention Trever Bowman
Fax: (403) 207- 2805