Located 45 minutes directly west of Red Deer and Lacombe on scenic Highway 22, you’ll find the Town of Rocky Mountain House. With a stable population base of 7,220 residents, and a larger trading area of over 21,000 people, the Town offers a wide spectrum of amenities and services. In addition to being a major hub for timber, oil and gas enterprises, and agriculture, it is truly an outdoor paradise nestled at the foot of the Rocky Mountains. With a dedicated staff of nearly 60, and a combined budget of approximately $23.2M, Rocky Mountain House certainly has a lot to offer. Please visit the Town’s website (www.rockymtnhouse.com) to further explore what adventures and opportunities await.
Reporting to the Mayor and Council, the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO) is responsible for guiding the day-to-day affairs of the Town as outlined in the Municipal Government Act (MGA), Town by-laws, and policies as set by Council.
In addition, the CAO will also:
- Provide effective advice and support to the Mayor and Council in developing, implementing, and executing policies and strategies.
- Deliver solid leadership to the senior management team and staff of the Town.
- Promote opportunities to the public for public participation on civic issues.
- Ensure that Town staff are committed to providing the highest level of service to the general public and the business community through clear and transparent communication.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Post-secondary education, or a combination of relevant training and senior leadership experience.
- A demonstrated track record of strong leadership with prior senior management experience.
- The ability to work effectively with elected officials, community volunteers, businesses, Boards and committees, and the general public.
- A thorough understanding of the financial and budgeting process.
- Appreciation of the legislative process and knowledge of the AB Municipal Government Act (MGA).
- Proven experience in strategic planning, organizational development and achieving results in building team relations.
- Experience in implementing development plans, capital works and infrastructure improvement programs.