The Town of Grande Cache is seeking a Chief Administrative Officer (CAO) to work with Council to achieve continued success for the community.
The CAO reports directly to Council. The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Implementing and administering Town policies;
- Providing proactive and accurate advice to Council;
- Ensuring all legislated duties are carried out;
- Over-seeing and providing leadership for a senior management team;
- Providing strategic guidance, professional advice and support to Council in the development of both broad and focused strategic policies, goals and objectives for Grande Cache; and
- Work with Council, community groups and other levels of government top “grow” the Town.
Applications will be accepted from candidates who have:
- a degree in Management or related field;
- obtained or are working towards a designation in local government administration;
- related course work and other training in the roles of the elected Council; and administration and operation of a municipality.
A comparable combination of education and experience may be considered.
In addition to formal education, the successful candidate must have:
- a minimum of five years related experience at a senior management position in a municipality;
- demonstrated leadership at a senior management level;
- demonstrates a sound knowledge of financial management and budgeting;
- demonstrated expertise in municipal policy and program development and management, focusing on service delivery, with sound oral and written skills;
- demonstrated ability to facilitate and articulate vision and set in motion strategic action plans;
- demonstrated ability to work with elected officials, volunteer boards and committees;
- demonstrated ability to think critically, identify key issues and develop innovative solutions in a collaborative setting;
- significant knowledge of the Municipal government Act, practices and policies; and
- be a proven team leader in applying generally accepted management practices and supporting staff to achieve results and develop organizational capacity for the future.
A strong work ethic and experience working with all levels of government would be an asset.
Wage compensation with comprehensive benefits will be negotiated and based on the skills, experience and certifications that the successful candidate possesses. Specifics will be discussed with those candidates selected for a personal interview.
Applications are invited, in the form of a detailed resume with a cover letter detailing your qualifications and experience relative to the position, and may be submitted by mail or via email (word format only) to the address below. A full position posting is available online at www.grandecache.ca. For additional information or to apply, please contact:
Chief Administrative Officer
Town of Grande Cache
Phone: 780.827.3362, ext. 26
All resumes must be received no later than 4:00 pm on Tuesday, July 4, 2017
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted