The Summer Village of Parkland Beach is in search of a Chief Administrative Officer to fulfill the responsibilities as an integral advisor to the Mayor and Council in supporting their objectives and policies in the interest of a sustainable community. As the organization's sole administrative head you will be responsible to meet the needs of the community through public service excellence and a high degree of personal ingenuity.
Description and Qualifications:
- You can work collaboratively with Council to build our community and effectively represent the interests of the Summer Village of Parkland Beach.
- You will consistently seek opportunities to advance and maintain relationships between our Summer Village and neighboring Ponoka County as well as Stakeholders and Regional Partners.
- You have developed superior financial and business skills that enable you to work through complex decision-making.
- Your municipal experience facilitates a strong understanding of Municipal Government Legislation, grant funding opportunities, business planning, budget processes and capital project management.
- Your strong leadership skills will nurture the Summer Village’s values and communicate those values serving as a role model in creating and encouraging a culture of trust and integrity throughout the organization and community.
- You are able to stay calm in stressful situations which exemplifies the principles of municipal emergency management and allows you to be an active leader to the Regional Emergency Response Plan.
- You share the corporate values of accountability, continuous learning and development, customer service, fun, healthy and safe working environment, innovation, open communication and participation.
- Your experience in planning and development and familiarity with the intent and application of the Land Use Bylaw will be used to provide an efficient process for decision making on development permits.
Education and Experience:
Post-Secondary education in public or business administration which is complemented by your demonstrated progressive career growth in a senior municipal management role for at least 5 years
Preferred Certification and Designation:
Local Authority Administration Level 1 & II would be an asset. (minimum NACLAA - Level 1)
Equivalencies can be discussed.
Salary and Hours of Work:
- 30 - 35 hours per week (may be adjusted seasonally)
- Cash paid in lieu of benefits package
- Salary is negotiable and will be commensurate with experience.
A list of responsibilities is available upon request by contacting:
Susan Krest at: Suekrest@gmail.com
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their application, including resume, cover letter, and work related references, in confidence. Please submit the application electronically to the above noted address. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted, however we thank all applicants for their interest.
Summer Village of Parkland Beach
PO Box 130, Rimbey, Alberta T0C 2J0
Closing Date: June 30, 2017 or until a suitable candidate is found.