The Town of Sedgewick, with a population of approximately 857, is situated on Hwy 13 southeast of Edmonton in the center of Flagstaff County. The surrounding community is primarily mixed farming and also has an active oil industry. The Town offers K through 12 education, physician and dental services, an Alberta Health Services clinic, and is minutes away from full hospital services in nearby Killam. Sedgewick offers excellent recreational opportunities including the Recreation Centre with an ice arena, curling and bowling; a nine-hole golf course; several kilometers of paved walking trails around the community and the beautiful Sedgewick Lake Park Campground.
The ideal candidate will possess the following competencies:
- Managerial experience in local government together with post-secondary education in a related discipline and/or certification in local government management. An equivalent combination of relevant management experience and education from other sectors will be considered.
- Proven strong collaborative and interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of individuals and groups including government officials at all levels, businesses, community and regional groups, Council, staff, and individual citizens.
- The ability to work with, lead, support, and manage the performance of 5 other staff who are responsible to meet the needs of the community in a unified manner with excellent customer service and a high degree of personal initiative.
- The ability to work collaboratively with Council in building the community and effectively representing the interests of the Town.
- The ability and proven experience in effectively sharing services with other municipalities and other partners on a regional basis. The Town along with all other municipalities in Flagstaff County is part of the Flagstaff Intermunicipal Partnership (FIP) and the Flagstaff Regional Governance Project.
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. A comprehensive benefits package is also provided.
Applications are preferred by email.
HR Group Management Consultants
Attn: Dimitri Pojidaeff
Toll Free: 1 888 474 5463
Edmonton: 780 906 3145