The City of Spruce Grove is a fast growing, dynamic city committed to building and maintaining a fiscally responsible community that serves our residents, attracts visitors and promotes future growth. Through the actions of the Values We Live By, accountability, communication, leadership, integrity and respect are encouraged, while maintaining a work, play balance.
This position is responsible for providing ongoing support to the City departments on various types of enterprise applications and to ensure efficient and effective use of the software to meet the business needs. The incumbent is also responsible for troubleshooting, issue resolution, design, development and improvement of the applications. He/She manages or participates in City projects related to the software as subject matter expert and trusted advisor or as the overall project manager. This position reports to the Business Systems Supervisor.
- Support the assigned applications and associated business units by: analyzing and resolving user issues, maintaining user accounts, implementing enhancements, changes, and fixes, and performing upgrades and testing software releases.
- Analyze errors in the application as well as interpret the business process and evaluate if the application provides adequate support for the process.
- Manage incoming problem tickets from end users to resolve application and software issues within servers, databases, and other mission-critical systems.
Record, track, and document the problem-solving process, including actions taken, through to final resolution.
Prioritize, schedule, and administer all instances where enhancements and defect resolution are required.
Confer with management and staff to develop methods to effectively and efficiently utilize applications.
Develop in-depth knowledge of business units and guide users to gain productive use of software.
- Provide support for the testing of new and existing software applications under development or consideration for purchase.
- Plan and manage projects to increase efficiency of the business department by enhancing functionality of existing software or by implementing new software.
Perform business analysis by collecting and analyzing business requirements to identify the needs of the customers and develop recommended solutions for process improvements or software change.
- Post-secondary degree in the field of Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent.
- Three (3) to Five (5) years related experience.
- Certification in Business Analysis an asset.
- Certification in Project Management an asset.
Visit our website at www.sprucegrove.org for more information and to apply online.