Reporting to the Director, Benefit Services, this position plays a key role by representing the Alberta Municipal Service Corporation’s (AMSC) Benefits Department within a team of professionals delivering benefits services to AMSC members. Maintenance of the quality of service provided to participants and potential participants will be of the highest degree, providing members with confidence that they have made, or will make, the right choice in selecting AMSC as their Benefits Program provider.
Full Time, Permanent
Program Services 2
Education and Skills
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in relevant field or commensurate experience
- Certified Employee Benefits Specialist (CEBS), Group Benefits Associate (GBA), or other relevant designation is an asset
- Life and Accident & Sickness License would be an asset, or must be obtained within first six (6) months
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar role in a Third Party Administrator (TPA) or Benefits’ Consulting environment
- Proven sensitivity in a public sector service delivery environment as well as an optimistic, yet realistic, focus on results.
- Strong knowledge of group benefits and products, such as basic group life, health, dental, and disability insurance with the ability to interpret policy contract wording.
Skills and Attributes
- Highly organized and positive individual, who demonstrates mature attitude.
- Willing to use all available resources to complete tasks effectively and efficiently.
- The ability to interact with plan administrators to identify their concerns and needs in respect to employee benefits and related services.
- The ability to develop sound relationships with staff, plan members, key partners and service providers and provide sound advice.
- The ability to function independently with minimal supervision, assume initiative, comply with deadlines, and to work concurrently on a variety of tasks.
- Strong oral, written, and presentation skills.
- Well-developed communication and relationship management skills.
- Self-motivated and self-directed.
- Adaptable and open to change.
- Committed to excellence, innovation, and continuous improvement in the workplace.
- Thrives under pressure.
- Intermediate level experience in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, and in working with computer based customer data files and records.
- Maintains strong existing customer relationships and ensures participating members and potential participants receive the highest level of customer service through day-to-day administration of the program
- Provides timely and accurate responses to enquiries regarding information, assistance, or implementation of employee benefits programs in a courteous and efficient manner.
- Encourages and promotes products and services at every opportunity.
- Applies exemplary customer service skills that promote AUMA/AMSC vision and values.
- Develops and maintains effective ongoing relationships with benefits program participants through direct delivery of customer support services through a variety of communications channels with particular attention to ongoing enrollment and adjustments, responses to participants’ enquiries regarding scope, coverage, process and claims management and identification of emerging or changing needs.
- Provides information in support of development and delivery of an ongoing communications program to keep participants informed of developments regarding design and delivery of benefits services.
- Responds appropriately to enquiries from participants while recognizing that the individual municipal program administrators will have varying levels of knowledge, ability, and authority.
- Produces monthly invoices on a timely basis that accurately reflect changes in status of program participants and are easily understood by program administrators.
- Maintains effective customer focused working relationships with other providers of products and services related to effective delivery of the benefits program, particularly service personnel involved in the claims process and the underwriting insurer.
- Ensures plan design changes are completed in a timely manner by coordinating with all stakeholders involved.
- Ensures that challenges and opportunities regarding service delivery processes and member needs are identified, assessed, and made known.
- Facilitates onsite plan administrator/employee information visits and annual regional plan administrator information sessions.
- As required, participates in the information management and reporting processes needed to ensure the fiscal integrity of the benefits program.
- Other duties as assigned
- Travel is occasionally required.
Interested candiates are invited to submit their resume and cover letter to CBurdeyny@auma.ca.