The County of Wetaskiwin is seeking a permanent full time Assistant Chief Administrative Officer (CAO). The Assistant CAO is accountable to the Chief Administrative Officer and responsible for management and administration of the Planning & Economic Department, Emergency Services Department, Protective Services Department, Agricultural Services Department and the Municipal Internship Program which includes the administration of all capital projects and operations approved by Council. The Assistant CAO will be actively involved in the annual Strategic Planning Session and software to implement the County of Wetaskiwin’s Business Plans.
Education and Experience Requirement
- A degree in a related field, coupled with substantial experience in senior municipal administration. A suitable combination of education & experience may be considered.
- Extensive experience in a managerial capacity, in regards to operational budgeting, capital expenditures, and employee management.
- Excellent working knowledge of the principles and practices of municipal finance.
- A broad understanding of municipal government processes and legislation.
- Superior analytical and strategic thinking skills.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to appropriately handle sensitive and confidential information.
The County of Wetaskiwin offers a strong corporate culture, an excellent benefits package and a competitive salary grid. Qualified candidates are asked to submit their resume listing job posting number, qualifications, experience and education by 12:00 Noon, October 27th, 2017, to the address below or submit to our website at www.county.wetaskiwin.ab.ca. If you have any questions in regards to this posting, please contact Rod Hawken at 780-361-6225. We thank all individuals for your interest, however, only the candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Verna Lonsdale, Executive Assistant
County of Wetaskiwin No. 10
Wetaskiwin, AB, T9A 2G5
(780) 352-3321 or by
This posting may remain open until a suitable candidate is found.